I received this back from Mark Penrod during the first part of December. It started life as a Model 77 Hawkeye in .308 WCF that I'd acquired used on Gunbroker for $400. The scope is a Leupold VX-II 2x7 mounted in Ruger factory low rings (4BHM/3BHM).The final details are listed below.

I managed to first shoot it with some old Hornady "Light Magnum" loads I'd bought about 14 years ago. The wind was howling like hell during that range session, but it still managed to print some consistent 1-inch groups at 100 yards.

I chrono'd loads during the last range session and wrung out the new barrel a little more. The first load consisted of 40.0 grains of IMR-4350 behind a 117-grain Sierra BTSP in Remington brass with a Winchester large rifle primer that produced an average velocity of 2602 FPS and a mediocre 1.107 three-shot group. The second load was a 117-grain Hornady BTSP over 39.2 grains of IMR-4350 in non-+P Winchester brass with a Winchester large rifle primer for 2521 FPS and outstanding 0.676" groups

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.