I haven't found a pellet more accurate than the RWS supermag , these have been top notch in a variety of rifles and one pistol.
Flat point pellets have what is known as more "tear" , pointed pellets tend to part and push flesh out and around the pellet where flat points tear/rip more.This causes more shock and damage.
I lived in Boise/Meridian for a couple of years and did A LOT of ground squirrel shooting with a Gamo CFX .177 ,it is the under lever cocking rifle not a break barrel ,and an RWS break barrel pistol. I had bought a number of pellets to shoot through them to find what each gun liked best ==both rws supermag pellets.
I shot up all the pellets that didn't make the accuracy cut Kodiaks -silver stings - etc.etc. pointed -semi pointed -hollow point -none of them killed nearly as well or consistent as the flat point pellets.
Unless a ground squirrel was hit in the head or through the shoulders it would run and make it down its hole if using pointed pellets.Flats -bang flop quiver.
One cold saturday morning a big crow started cawwing to the top of its lungs right outside my bedroom window -about 25yds away. One .177 Supermag through his neck and it quit making noise except for the sound of its last landing.
Over..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.