I have a 7X57 and have been able to exceed 2900 fps with both obsolete H-205 and H414 powders. The H-205 load was used for years with no signs of excessive pressure and the brass lasted for 10 or more loadings without problems.

Just recently tried Ramshot Big Game with 140 grain bullets and was stunned at the speeds shown on the chronograph shocked .

The rifle showed no evidence of high pressure (e.g. stiff bolt lift) - which has happened before with other loads in that rifle. I stopped shooting and pulled the loads with higher charges.

I was close to the maximum charges given in manuals for the 7mm-08; but my rifle is a 7X57 with a long throat. Consequently, I did not think I was pushing the envelope at all except for the figures on the chronograph. (other rifles on the same day were showing typical velocities so the chronograph is not suspected.)

I'm waiting for the opportunity to do more shooting before giving the results.

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson