Originally Posted by toltecgriz
I liked Hank but I never cared for his OCD "master." I'll bet you couldn't stick a broom straw up his butt with a KY booster, not that I'm interested.
You nailed that one! I guided Dez and Hank on a wild chukar hunt for the show. Hank was a nice dog and really well trained; Dez was a bit of a pain. He filmed most of his episodes at the time on canned birds, so he could set up the scenes. The wild chukars didn't want to play by his rules so he was rather irritated. The first covey that I put them into,he shot a bird then proceeded to set up the cameras and put Hank on point over and over to film it for footage. He even had the camera guys throwing the bird so he could shoot at it. The whole time he was going thru the routine, every other covey was climbing out of the canyon. I took them to another spot to find some fresh birds, but the camera man couldn't make the climb to the birds so myself and the guest on that particular show had to climb up above them and try to push them back down to the cameras. By the end of the day, Dez had to pack poor Hank back to the truck because he was just about ready to have a heat stroke. He pushed that dog way to hard to get some film footage, I didn't have much respect for him(Dez) after that.