So we did a charity trip where we drove from the bottom to top of australia. We hunted along the way and bondy wasn't going to come but we got him on the last part of the trip so he wrote this up. There will be a few familiar faces in here with myself, wife and others

I wasn't going to go. Had already had a fair bit of time away and am going to have more time off work after my knee operation. The missus told me to bugger off anyway so I did as instructed and I took Tony (Eldest daughter's bloke) with me.

The bash had been on for nearly a week when we left. They were overnighting in Duchess and we decided we could intercept the procession in Cloncurry. Monday night we saddled up and headed North West. Well Tony did; I just had a coldie. And we made good time too; falling into the swags at Kynuna at 2.30am before an early rise and into Cloncurry at 8am. battered, Shell & Len were out in front and had rolled into town just minutes before. After brekky we moved out as the rest of the Bashers started to trickle in.

Next stop Burke & Wills Roadhouse.

[Linked Image]

We hit the Finish line at Normanton, swapped Shell for Mike at the Airport and picked up supplies at a great little shop that was small on the outside and had more than Bunnings and BCF on the inside. Then adjourned to the pub for the rest of the night. Where I had a bit of luck... but more on that later. A good night was had by all before we hit the swags. A 4.30am start was needed to make the property homestead by 6.30am. AS it was we missed the owner by minutes (but we did catch up with him later) and continued on another hour to our camp by the River. Not much of a view.

[Linked Image]

We headed out for a hunt after setting up camp and battered and I opened our accounts. Him via the dogs and I rolled a couple with the T3 .300Winnie.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]