Recently spent another winter in Arizona, 4 months of 70-80 degree fun in the sun. Lots of things to do in the high desert around Wickenburg.
I shoot 2 pistol matches a week, cast bullets, ride 4 wheelers in the desert & take lots of pictures. On one of the rides during the course of the day we spotted a coyote, several Jacks, lots of quail & a Road Runner...Beep, Beep! I popped one of the Jacks with my 8 shot 327 maggie but didn't want to walk up the hill through the cactus & rock to retreive it, mainly because of snakes. I can't hear them! I'm amazed how many coyotes there are here, they are small, nothing like our coyotes up home but there's lots of them.
On a later ride we again saw lots of game including 2 muleys, a few hawks, quail, another Road Runner....Beep, Beep! Also ran over a snake with the 4 wheeler but it got in a hole before we could check it out closer. Towards the end of the day I saw 3-4 big Jacks & finally one gave me a shot, shooting offhand at about 35 yds my Ruger Bisley 41 maggie & 18 grs of 2400 really punched his ticket, lots of damage from that 230 gr. Keith slug. Some dis -believers think that slug would just pencil through & the bunny would heal up in a few days, doesn't work that way. A Texas Jack might recover but not an Arizona or Idaho Jack!
[Linked Image]

Saguaro Cactus, there are many thousands of these in the desert, I've been told that it takes 30 years for them to develop the "arms", maybe thats why Fermin hasn't developed a neck yet....
[Linked Image]

These old cabins are a popular destination on 4 wheelers, the story goes that they were once in a western movie, nobody knew which movie, I thought maybe it was Mucho Garza Rides Again...
[Linked Image]

There are many deep, rugged canyons in the area, easy to get turned around if you're not familar with the roads & trails. Many of these dry stream beds were once stage coach routes. Very little water in this country but it was refreshing when we did to not see a Utah fisherman!
[Linked Image]

Dick