Back during my Feb March trip to the Cancer Center for Sherri, I stopped in at a small gun shop next to the center to inquire about the new concealed carry laws just passed. That shop pulled out what was OSTENSIBLY an official publication with information on the law, but as it turns out that map and bit of information was most likely way off base. I have e-mailed Concealed Carry USA to get clarity and will call that gun shop in the AM to find out whose map they are using. It is likely that if they led me astray, others could be endagering thier freedoms by listening to this shop owner and giving more credence to his reciprocity map than is due. As an aside, Getting a firearm, especially a handgun, is a little bit of a hassle going through Chicago/O Hare AP, but not as bad as I feared. And not as bad as they time I flew through JFK with my Africa bound firearms a few years ago.

Declaring at the luggage counter that I was travelling with an unloaded and locked up handgun in my suitcase merely brought out a form for me to sign that the firearm was unloaded, and an airport security officer had to carry my suitcase over to the TSA inspection depot but the airport security guy said that they are already much more accustomed to seeing guns coming through now, and that mine was the sixth handgun he had proccessed through that day, VS more often in the past entire weeks or months going by without seeing a gun go through. Very intriguing information there, IMO. Refreshing to be sure was the TSA guy acted like he knows this was all one big, pointless excercise and was proffessonal and civil enough. It may have helped a bit (or may not have) that I had taped copies of my C&R FFL to one side of my hard pistol case and a page with photocopies of my DL license and copies my four different CCW permit or licenses taped to the other side with the photocopy of my drivers license. Now, none of this is TECHNICALLY needed or required, but it is my thought that identifying onesself as a upstanding citizen and one who is trying to be sensitive and aware of firearms laws helps a cause to at least some degree cannot hurt.

Took the inexpensive 380 this time as a test run, might pack the big ten next time around now that I have less fear of it getting confiscated at the airport, even temporarily.

Checking more carefully about concealed carry reciprocity, I will report back if I find anything out that is useful or different than what is now believed to be the case by most.

Last edited by safariman; 04/13/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500