Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by 79S
Was their a recent bayonet charge we didn't hear about??

Since we're delving into the irrelevant, haven't heard of an air-to-air engagement or even a tank battle of late, so let's do away with those! BTW, Marines did use them on several occasions in Fallujah, but then again...

Now you are just being silly! I see my Battalion Commander all the time and CSM I will let them know concerned retired navy avaitor said we need to do bayonet training grin

You miss my point. Hopefully guys like ET will chime in about this, but to me it's a lot more than just training with what seems to be an obsolete weapon. It's about a useful training tool to weed out the lower end of the bell curve. That, together with discipline and tradition. In flight school, part of the filtering process was a fairly tough obstacle course.
So WTF does that have to do with flying? Got rid of the no-loads and those with no motivation. It's gone BTW, and the reason? Same as you just used; it's an obsolete process, but to me, its just another tool that in my view, aside from a good weeding out tool does (and did) have it's applications in today's battlefield and like I said, Marines used it in recent times. We are far too quick nowadays to eschew traditions and discipline. The Navy has done just that as so has the Army. Oh, and one more thing, I started my military life as an 0311 in the Crotch, so at least I can relate...

Last edited by jorgeI; 04/13/14.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”