That is indeed gorgeous wood.

Something to consider...

I recently had a custom rifle done in 257 Roberts AI. I bought the claro-style, massively ornate, wood in a large slab with room for two sets of wood for two piece, Ruger #1 barrelled actions.

I sent the prettiest set to the smith who made it up despite some unspoken misgivings about the lack of straight grain through the wrist. In test firing prior to checkering, a portion of the wrist broke off. He repaired the piece so it is all but invisible, tested a box of new Roberts factory ammo through the rifle, and is recheckering it now. He also took the other two piece set I had -- not as pretty overall but with straight grain though the wrist -- and made an exact copy for the rifle w/o extra charge. (He said he should have followed his instincts and rejected the first set.) I am happy with the arrangement as I have a stock for use in the field and a back up for display.

There was also an option of having a smith reinforce the wrist without the straight grain using a brass rod prior to test firing. That step would have made a stock with a strong, truly invisible fix.

I'm not saying your experience has to be the same but it might be worth talking it over with your smith.

Regards,
1B