Originally Posted by TOBYJOETRUBY
I will 2nd the slick tricks. 125 magnums. I have killed 7 bulls with the slick tricks and have been very impressed with them. Shot nearly completly lengthwise through a bull at 70 yds. Went in at the flank on the left side, and 6 inches of arrow and head were sticking out of the neck on the right side. I fubbed a shot at 20 and hit the bull too low. He was gonna die, but I figured if I could get one more in him even better.
I would stay away from any kind of expandables. I outfit 12 to 15 archery elk clients every year. Not wanting to get in the debate of expandable vs fixed. But I have seen way more bulls wounded with expandables. I will not allow them on our elk hunts and tell the clients before they come to not show up shooting expandables.

Toby Joe

NOTE: I do not like nor shoot expandable broad heads.

However as a guide I would rather my clients shoot what they are set-up for and have confidence in. Provided they are legal to use.

I make all my clients shoot at the lodge before the hunt ever even starts. This shows me who's hands I have to hold, how far a shot I will let them take, who I can let call their own shots, ect. After all a bad shot is just that a bad shot.

My broad head of choice is hands down the RazorTrick.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.