Quick rant: after almost two and a half years and three promises to get started on and complete all work on my bike, I have yet to reach satisfaction. The first guy told me it'd be about two weeks to get parts and take care of the project. 18 months later, he declares that he's too busy, but had passed my bike off to a 2 stroke guru guy who will bang out what's left of the work inside of the month, TOPS.

6 months later, I get a call telling me that I needed to come get the thing, as he'd been diagnosed with cancer. OK, well that sucks and I wish him all the best, but what happened to the rock solid guarantee to get the work done 5 months before the bad news/diagnosis? Never mind.

Bike goes to yet ANOTHER guy. Same old booshat. After 6 months and zero contact, I left a message saying that I would be up two weeks from that day, and if he got the work done, great. If not, I'd pay him for whatever he did do. Calls me back and says he'll be all done by the date. Yesterday, I am told something like, "well, we're almost finished, but with your time restrictions..." I stopped him mid-sentence and hissed, "you've had my bike for 6 months; if you couldn't finish the few hours of work it needed, you should've just told me so. Now get me an invoice listing what you managed to get through in between whatever else it is you do when not working on projects that you promised would be taken care of 'right away'..."

Does *anyone* GAF about one's word given in any meaningful way anymore? To me, a promise is just that, and it is damned important to me, no, *imperative* to be a man of my word.

Bike is at shop #4. Just a few electrical tweeks/mods, and I should be good, but who the hell knows. This country has collectively declined so much in my lifetime, virtually across the board. It upsets me. Rant over. And thanks but no, I'd not care for any cheese to accompany my whine.