I look off to the Northeast, and shake my head, sometimes.
Gazing West inspires the same.

Kiss My American azz, Bloomberg

GTC

This week, there has been a flurry of activity on pro-gun bills in the Arizona Senate.

On Tuesday, House Bill 2103 passed in the state Senate by a 20 to 10 vote. Introduced by state Representative Kelly Townsend (R-16), HB 2103 would allow an individual of at least nineteen years of age to obtain a concealed weapon permit if the person is currently in military service or has been honorably discharged. This legislation is a good way to thank our military for their service and will benefit law-abiding gun owners in Arizona.

Yesterday, the state Senate passed three more important bills, House Bill 2517, House Bill 2483, and House Bill 2339.

House Bill 2517, introduced by state Representative Steve Smith (R-11), would strengthen Arizona�s firearms preemption law. Currently, the firearms preemption statute reserves the authority to regulate firearms for the state legislature. This bill would fortify consistency in firearm and ammunition laws through a provision that would impose penalties for willful or knowing violations of this statute by localities. HB 2517 passed by a 17 to 12 vote.

House Bill 2483, introduced by state Representative John Kavanagh (R-23), will protect the lawful discharge of a firearm on private lands from being unnecessarily restricted. HB 2483 was signed by Governor Jan Brewer (R) yesterday after being passed by a 16 to 13 vote in the Senate.

House Bill 2339, introduced by state Representative Brenda Barton (R-6), would allow persons with a valid concealed weapon permit to carry in public buildings/events, unless the building or event has electronic screening by security personnel at each entrance. This legislation does not impact private property owners and businesses, educational institutions, community colleges or universities under the jurisdiction of the regents. HB 2339 passed by a 16 to 12 vote.

The NRA thanks the state Senators who voted for these bills, as well as Governor Brewer for her swift action to advance your Second Amendment rights. We will keep you updated on the status of these bills, as well as other pro-gun legislation as it moves through the legislative process this session.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain