So, I'm working on this little night job last night in a high rise building in the big city. (Carpenter)
Just me and another guy remodeling an occupied office. (hence the night work)
My co-worker has to leave early for some bull crap, Facebook fueled family drama...

No big deal...I've got to frame up and Sheetrock a little wall section to section off a long narrow (8') file room into two rooms.
The wall runs right beside (about 8") from a long row of fireproof file cabinets that weight somewhere around 400 pounds apiece.
Get it framed up...no big deal,...easy peasy.
When it comes to framing and rocking...it don't get any easier than this...

I throw the first sheet of rock up and tack it off...
Then, I reach in between the file cabinet and the sheetrock to screw off the stud at the wall.
And,...totally dislocate my left shoulder!! shocked
Not just a quick "pop out" either...
It's out, and it's stuck out!
The only person within ear shot is a cleaning lady that doesn't speak English (imagine that)
But I was DAMNED GLAD she was there!!!
She runs off and finds a couple of office furniture installers but they can't understand her, so she leads them back and come to me shouting, "IN HERE!!"

At my direction, I have one pulling and twisting on my bad arm while another holds anchor on my good arm...
No good. It won't go back in and by this point I'm feeling like puking and pissing...

Every time I tried to stand, the pain and spasms would drive me back to my knees.
Finally, I forced myself up, and when the pain and spasms started I just bent at the waist...

I then stood on my own fingers, pulled up and twisted...
CRACK!!! Back in!!!

My plan was to just go home, but 1/2 way there, I redirected to the ER.
It was a wasted trip, but necessary for work comp protocol I guess...

So, my directives are "rest, sling, meds, ice",...etc. All the common sense stuff..
But, I have to follow up with an orthopedic Dr. in a few days, so I was just curious what I can expect.

When it rains...
While I'm sitting in the ER, holding my shoulder in it's socket, I get a call informing me my Grandpa has passed away. I sure wasn't ready for that...