Since asking for personal opinions on barrel length (and not asking for all the replies one what round you "should" use) I, myself would go with the 22 inch.

I find 2 inches "extra" barrel unnoticeable in handling between 20 and 22 inch but if I were to push the 358 out to longer ranges the small amount of extra velocity gotten with the 22 inch barrel would get my nod for ME and MY use. 2 cents.

I, also, would study my down range velocities and keep shots under whatever yardage I still had 1800 fps plus (minimum) for bullet performance with bullets of choice. I personally feel "safer" with 2000.

What any round will or will not do has more to do with the shooter than energy for the most part but bullet performance is mandatory for constant knock downs (IMHO).

There is "always another round that someone else thinks is superior". We all build and shoot what we like or else we would all be shooting the most powerful round out there....after all they "kill better".

No offense intended to a single poster but dayummmm fellas. The guy asked about barrel choices for a 358 win (and I have to wonder how many have taken game WITH one, whom replied).

The "books" don't tell the entire story, don't include one's preferences in all things that go bang and KE is not the holy grail by itself. ...........IMO from 50 years of shooting.

God Bless

"I realize that it is natural for the people who disagree with me to think I am wrong, and I am not so arrogant as to deny that possibility."