We usually pack in four days worth and then make a hike back out later with an empty day pack for the rest of the week. We leave camp set up if we don't plan a move and set aside one day to go wash clothes and hit the KOA for a real shower instead of a washcloth. Leave before sunup and back for the afternoon hunt. Take in the last weeks vittles then.

I like making up a days ration and then put it in a gallon zip lock and squeeze it as airless as possible, put these in a nylon sack to rope up a tree. Each zip will usually have 3 instant oatmeals and a starbucks "via" rubber banded for breakfast, a bag of dried fruit and nuts I make myself with a bar or two for lunch, and a MH for dinner. We always lose weight so going to try boosting calories with the olive oil idea of smokepole's as well as mixed peanut butter and crushed fritos on tortillas. Oh yeah, a small nalgene of powdered milk to add a couple of spoons to the oatmeal. smoke's idea there too.

This, of course is in a spike camp that is usually 2-3 miles from the truck.

My partner has 20 acres at home, if he would just get some rescue burros I would take in 14 days worth much farther.

Last edited by Glynn; 04/20/14. Reason: forgot milk