Originally Posted by RobJordan
I am four for four on feral krats using my Beeman R9 .20 cal., but I am nervous. I've got two more feral field lions coming onto the porch stealing food from and rerrorizing my wife's two domestic pussies (no pun intended wink ). I can't afford to have these next two victims make it off the property wounded. The other four that I capped, I shot right behind the shoulder, pretty much mid-heighth in the chest cavity. Is there a better aim point for a 100% sure kill on krats? I could go for a head shot, but I am worried about getting precise placement in forehad or ear and also worried about a deflection off the skull that only wounds.

Any reassurances from you professional krat killers is appeciated. smile

Jordan

Rob,

You will be wasting your time for shooting feral cats. This is not an effective and lasting solution for the "problem" that some have with ferals. In our area and in several others across the United States, there are groups [one that I was personally involved with] that will come out to your place of residence and deal with the cats for you. This is not quick, but it will be the only lasting solution.

We would set traps in the area and eventually catch all the cats of that particular feral colony. We then took them in to be spayed or neutered at one of the low cost clinics set up for this type of thing [the group often foots the bill if the vet charges anything]. The cats are tatooed or otherwise marked on their ears so we know which ones have been done. From there, we establish one individual who will feed the colony and take ownership. The best is for the colony to stay where it is, but there are some times when they need to be moved. I have printed material on this, statistics, and I am happy to share it. It has been proven over and over that shooting is not an effective way to deal with the "problem" long term due to the rate that cats multiply.

I hope this helps. ~sherri