Just passing on a warning, which I am sure most handloaders don't need to be told...

Was told Sportsman's Warehouse got in a large shipment of primers... Remington, Winchester and Federal... Called them and they said yeah they had plenty of them... I asked about Small Rifle, and they said, Yeah WE have PLENTY of those...

So I made a trip over... and the only Small Rifle they had was Remington 6 1/2 Small Rifle....I had them holding me two bricks of them, but passed on them when I found out they were not the 7 1/2s...

But in the meantime, this one Black Guy that works there was busy telling a guy what he needed for the new AR he had just purchased.... so he gives the guy the 2 bricks I had passed on, along with a couple of boxes of 55 grain bullets...

I told the customer those were NOT for the 223, and especially within an AR.... The Black Guy employee gets all pissed off, and tells the guy yeah they are, they say small rifle right on the box... and walks off....having the customer follow him to check out up front...

So I ask the one other guy ( who is more senior) behind the counter about the Small Rifle Primers... " do you guys knw the difference between Rem 6 1/2 and 7 1/2 primers?" He tells me he didn't know about the numbers, they were just for small rifles is all he knew, or anyone else back there on duty knew...

I explained to him that the 6 1/2s were for the Hornet, or the 218 Bee, lower pressure cartridges like that...and if they were used in a regular pressure 223 load, get ready to have it start piercing the primer....and gas in the face...
and especially if shot in an AR.....then mentioned the guy with the AR up front checking out with 2 bricks of them...

so he goes up to the front of the store, just as the guy is checked out and leaving.... he mentions it to the custgomer and the black pipes in.."oh that idiot back there doesn't have a clue what he is talking about..."...

and also not realizing or caring evidently I am over hearing him as I am walking to the front of the store...

Oh the customer will probably be back anyway, before he shoots the ammo he was going to load....I also noticed the two boxes of 55 grain bullets he picked up, were 6mm, not 22 caliber....

But sadly this guy behind the counter who thinks he knows so much, and customers evidently don't, is a pompous little Schitt anyway....but I am sure his minority status, affords him job security....as he is the only black guy they have in there... and ya don't see any asians or hispanics working in there either...

be careful out there folks...