Originally Posted by 22WRF
"The Founding Father's were very smart men;better educated and worldly-wise than most of our "leaders" today."

I would agree that the founders were intelligent, but not that they were better educated and worldly that most leaders today.

I think many of them would be shocked that their document remains even somewhat intact today. Those founders did not want to be ruled by laws of a different place and time, and I don't see where America should be ruled by laws of a different time. Just as they exercised a constitutional convention, so should the people of today. It may be that many of the same ideas in the previous constitution would be adopted in the next constitution, but at least it would be by people living today, and not 250 years ago.

Tell me exactly what you would change to bring the document up to contemporary standards.

Here's some to consider:

-Let's get rid of the 1st Amendment. We're a secular society today. Freedom of religion is not necessary anymore.

Freedom of the press is passe...we can let the government control all forms of media and communications and let it set the standards of what can, and cannot, be discussed.

-Eliminate the 2nd Amendment, too. The government can confiscate all the guns. The right to keep and bear arms would be gone. We'd all be safer.

-While we are at it, let's eliminate the 4th Amendment. Very inconvenient for law enforcement. They should be able to enter your house,or search your car on a whim, and arrest you without a warrant and without probable cause. It will make the cops more efficient.

-Let's eliminate term limits for the president. 8 years is not enough time for Obama to accomplish what he wants to.And we can eliminate the electoral college. This will place all the voting power in the hands of the metropolitan regions...who cares about the people in the sparsely populated states anyway? Right?

These are good ideas because they were thought up by people who have not been dead for 250 years.

What do you think?

Last edited by BobinNH; 04/22/14.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.