I had one years ago. It was a nice light little gun but like you mentioned it seemed to have a lot of drop in the stock and I did not shoot it very well so I let it go in a trade. Mine never seemed to have any operational issues though.

The interesting part to me is I now have a browning 20ga reproduction that I really like and it seems to fit me much better. Someone informed me that the stock dimensions are the same on the original model 12s and the brownings. I cant dispute or confirm this as I don't remember the dimensions on the 16ga for comparisons sake. It may also have to do with the fact that 30 years later I have a little fuller face than I use to ;^) Anyway I hope you get your gun and enjoy it. Growing up when and where I did it seemed the model 12 and sweet 16 auto 5s were considered the choice of all of the real bird hunters at the little gun club in our town. I have been fortunate enough to fulfill my 12 year old dream of having one of each of those and even though today the de-rigor upland gun of choice has 2 barrels, pulling one of those two beautiful repeaters out of the case still trumps them all for me.

Last edited by bangeye; 04/24/14.