If that 686 Ringneck was a 28 gauge with 28" barrels, I would be calling every sporting goods store in your area to find it, and buy it out from under you! grin Actually, these are very good shotguns, they are basically a 686 Black Onyx with gold inlays and special logos. There were two versions of the Ringneck, the "1 of 500" and the "1 of 750". The "1 of 750" version is nicer, IMHO, because the inlays are nicer and the "1 of 500" uses Beretta's so-called "Xtra Wood". And, yes, they are all marked "1 of 750", the one you are looking at is not the very first one of 750 made! grin

I own a 686 Covey (Quail Unlimited) "1 of 750", 28 gauge 28" barrels, as well as the same shotgun in a 686 Black Onyx. I love them, because Berettas seem to fit me so well, and I seem to shoot them well. I don't shoot my 686 Covey, because I have the same shotgun in a 686 Black Onyx, which I do shoot. But, there is nothing so special about the Ringneck (or Covey) that it shouldn't be shot!

Personally, I think that is an excellent price, if it is in very nice condition. Keep in mind a brand new 686 SPI runs $1899 at my LGS, and it is essentially the same gun, but with a silver receiver and machined engraving. If it trips your trigger, jump on it, before the next guy does! grin

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.