On a recent aoudad sheep hunt out of Alpine TX I used Bar B Diamond Outfitters, owned by Brandt Buchanon. Things did not go well. On the evening of the first day the game warden stopped by. It turns out that Brandt did not have authority for us to hunt the land we signed the waiver for so he took us to a different ranch. We needed to sign the waiver for the land we were hunting. When the wardens left they took Brandt with them since there was a bench warrant for his arrest. This left us in the hands of his fellow guide which had never been to this ranch before. Fortunately, the ranch owner made his ranch hand available to show us around. We ended up with a self guided hunt and had to do all our own meal prep and housekeeping. On top of that, Brandt overcharged us for the final payment. When I connected with him after the hunt and asked about a partial refund given the circumstances he said he had already spent the money and was unable to repay anything.

If you are considering an aoudad sheep hunt in that part of the country I suggest you look carefully at who your guide is.