Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I noticed that, FWIW, Quality Cartridge is planning to run both .240 Hawk and 6mm-06 cases sometime this year. YMMV, of course. smile perhaps they'd work a little better than .25-06 cases?

I also learned that Midway has a single box of .22 Neidner brass on hand. Also FWIW, YMMV, just in case you have a .22 Neidner grin

There's more to consider than dimensions, of course. The continuum of hardnesses as shown in the lower left drawing on page 17 of my cartridge book is at least as important as the inches. Quality Cartridge's stuff may be good. I just don't know.

And of course I hafta wonder why 6mm-06 brass might be preferable to .25-06 brass.

That's Niedner, by the away, not "Neidner" (if it's safe to assume that the old guy knew how to spell his own name).

And it's NEED-ner, not NIGHd-ner.

Thanks - Midway has it spelled Neidner on their site, and I copied their spelling. blush

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/92...2-neidner-box-of-20?cm_vc=ProductFinding

My thought on the 6mm-06 brass was that it would be worked a little less than the .25-06 brass in necking down, and might give less trouble with neck thickness.

Of course, I confess I haven't done any severe case reforming, since the time I made .22-250's out of .308's smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."