On Rimfire Central was a post asking for Daisy memories. I captioned my reply as above, and my post is as below. Good idea for us old timers.

Now that I looked at my caption, I realize that all memories must be from the past. I was born in 1942 and back around 1949 through about 1957 I had a Red Rider gun that I tried pulling the trigger with the lever out. Ouch, it slams into one's hand and answers my questions as to what happens if you do that. Later on, I had one of the pump types that used a spring fed BB tube. At around this same time, we had these BB sized things that would go bang if you stepped on them. They were called Atom Pearls. We used to scatter them in the school hallways. I discovered I could load them in the BB gun and shoot them. They would go bang on contact. We would shoot passing trucks. One day I had about 7 in the tube when the spring follower slipped and they all went off. My ears rang for the entire day. We also had BB gun wars, much like the paint ball of today. We agreed to shoot away from the head and nobody was ever injured. Stung perhaps, but no injuries. Just getting back into air rifles, lots of fun. The ties with the past are a big part of that. Thanks for suggesting this topic. I probably shouldn't show this to the grandkids.