Been shooting the sheridans since my first one in 1968, it was a 1960 version with the hold down safety. I've since bought up a few as I see them for sale.

Best American air rifle technology ever. I owned a dozen of the various springers and PCPs over the years. All are gone except the sheridans.

The service complexity and frequency of the springers just got to be too much. Plus I can leave them loaded and ready to shoot without setting the spring and weakening it.

The Sheridan is loud to pump, loud to shoot, and a bit of effort. However my oldest one is 60 years old, has been pumped a gazillion times and fired more times then you can imagine. With the peep sights I have skimmed the top of a blue tip match to light it at 20 yards, shot flys off the fence with my buddies for several summers as a kid. More birds and bullfrogs then could be imagined

These sheridans were built to be handed down for generations, my 12 year old son took one out today to shoot starlings in the orchard. It's 60 years old! The total cost for a valve rebuild is about 20 bucks and then it's as good as the day it was made for another 50 years.

I'm a fan of the Sheridan, it's 1/3 the weight of a springer, 1/4 the cost, effortless no recoil shooting and at least in my hands more accurate then any springer I have owned. Plus it will last many lifetimes. Oh yeah, equal in power to all but the most powerful, but the more wear prone and difficult to shoot springers.

From a bench I could shoot a springer, especially my AA pro elite as well. But from hunting in the woods positions that Sheridan beat the springers hands down

[Linked Image]

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)