Originally Posted by HE112
First the NRA did not support the select-fire owners in the 1987 gun ban of more machine gun receiver registrations...
Add "educated person in ignorance" to your plethora of "qualifications." The Firearm Owners' Protection Act went into effect in May 1986. It focused on machine guns, not simply "select-fire owners." (FYI, "select-fire" weapons are capable of semi automatic AND fully automatic modes of fire. Your knothead statement seems to infer that weapons capable of fully automatic firing only were somehow exempted.)

While the FOPA did, in fact, prohibit manufacture of machine guns after 5-19-86 for civilian consumption, it also repealed and modified several sections of the '68 GCA. It eliminated the record keeping requirement on handgun ammunition/reloading supplies sales. It permitted the mail order sales of ammunition and reloading supplies. It permitted the interstate in-person sale of long guns to residents of different states. (The '68 GCA restricted this to states contiguous to the state of residence of the purchaser.) The FOPA also provided protection for the interstate transport of firearms for all lawful purposes.

In short, you're a dunce.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.