I agree, the offer from Rick is indeed gracious but I wonder if further dilineation of the casting sub-forum here is justified. The majority of the traffic on this site is really focused elsewhere...be it the campfire, optics, rifles, handguns and other such sub-forums.

I just took a quick count of the topics in this casting sub-forum to get an idea of the traffic here...we have had only 50 topics since sometime in January. While a few of those have had some good discussion I don't think we would see a lot of benefit here to sub-forums for noobs, experienced, rifle, handgun etc. And as one poster already mentioned, I like the little forum here. I have occasionally posted some minor questions here as well as some so-so technical meplat queries. My questions got answered and if I felt I needed more info I went searching through the myriad other specialized sites.

Cast-boolits is a great resource and I think they tried to address all the "noob" questions with the sometimes seemingly endless stickies at the top of each sub-forum...the problem with that though is the people that needed those stickies eventually get tired of seeing those stickies or having to scroll past them...so they start whining about the stickies or want them removed, sorted to other areas, etc.

Do I have a solution to propose, no. The biggest concern I believe we would have on this site is traffic to this specific sub-forum. The mention of getting more attention and possibly casting related sponsors would be a huge bonus but I wonder if it would be noticed on the Fire when the roar seems to always be arguing about B.C. of the newest wonder bullet or the virtues of .270 vs .30-06. I won't even delve into the constant viciousness of the optics crowd...those dudes are a whole other class.