While attending various hunting shows, or even on this forum, outfitters from the Limpopo or other northern provinces have said "You don't want to hunt the Eastern Cape because they have stocked species that aren't native to that area. I only have native species in my area."

While that may be true, why run one area down? That isn't the way to promote your operation in the Limpopo, Namibia, or where ever.

I avidly read BMD's recent post about his trip to Namibia with his daughter. What a great trip! I hope to be able to take my own daughters to Africa some day.

I was surprised to see that a black wildebeest was harvested in Namibia. When I was recently in South Africa (May), I was advised that South Africa was the only country where black wildebeest were available. I guess that is no longer true.

My point is that it seems that many outfitters in many areas are stocking none native species. It is a business. More product attracts more customers equals more sales.

Perhaps it is time to stop running down hunting in the Eastern Cape and start promoting each area on its own merits?

I know I chose my African outfitter based on how we got along and the type of operation he ran. Through our communications, I considered him my friend before I even hunted there. Having completed my safari, I know I made the right choice, even though I originally struggled with the concept of hunting in the Eastern Cape. I went with the Outfitter who was also my PH.

I made a great choice. My wife and I had the time of our lives.

I will go to the Eastern Cape again and I will again hunt with Patrick Fletcher of Hotfire Hunting and Fishing Safaris.