I've shot them at my lease north of Vanderpool that backed up to Lost Maples.
Those in the picture are at my lease near Reagan Wells.
There is a story that goes with those pix. I've been on that lease since the 2005 season. I've had game cams in that area and on that feeder ever since. That is the only sequence of Aoudad on any feeder of mine up to that date. That season around November I got a shot at the big Ram. I was sitting in an elevated box blind that was on a rise adjacent to a hillside that runs for about 3/4 mile. There's a dry creekbed that runs between where I sit and the hill I can look across and see. That ram came with his harem over the top of the hill. He was about 450 yds. when I spotted him. Sun was going down and caught the glint off his coat. He didn't see me. I had a 308 zero'd at 100, and not the 338 RUM I typically carry when shots can be to 400 yds. I had only three pix of him on game cam so I decided to hold over and take the shot. I did, I heard the "whop" and got back on the scope in time to see him flinch, shudder and take off down and to the right. Well this was an hour before dark. It took about 30 minutes to get down and cross the creebed and climp up the hill looking for the point of impact. Never picked up the slightest hint of blood. Over the next six months I looked and looked but never saw hide nor hair. I almost never lose an animal, but I lost him. Needless to say I was bummed. He was a stud.
I continue to see Aoudad from time to time. Usually when I'm by myself and quiet. Have not seen his equal since.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 07/02/14.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.