While deer hunting more than 30 yrs ago, a partner found a skull and a thigh bone belonging to a human. We did the Christian thing and went and got the police. They found more bones, some clothing remnants, and a 9mm Luger. The newspaper said the fellow died of natural causes. They didn't mention the hole in the back of the skull slightly larger than a pencil. . with all the official traipsing around, our deer hunt was over!

The weirdest thing I ever pulled off the bottom or a lake or river in this case, was in the Columbia River east of The Dalles. Was fishing walleye, and had an 8# in the boat, and often caught fish over 10#. (start brag - have a 14# 11 on the wall, but that is a different story! - end brag) Hooked into the mother of all walleyes. Took me 30 mins and drifted more than a mile to get this monster to the surface. It would take drag and make runs from time to time. . turned out to be a 14" tire! When it hit current brakes the damn thing would keep its head down and take off! Not wanting to deprive others of the thrill of such a battle, I practiced catch and release!

Fred

I need to get back there - the big walleyes are still there.