Who said, "pick the bullet you want to use, then the case to drive it"? Some smart fella I'm sure.

You gotta pick the weight, construction, diameter, profile (BC), etc for your intended purpose and what you want to accomplish. Then go from there... cartridge, action, twist, stock (for intended purpose), etc. Simple, but it seems that many get married to the cartridge first when it should be the other way around.

Happens quite often with dudes I know locally. Most say, "I want to shoot medium range, and I want a 30-06." Its almost always a 30-06 or 7RM for some reason. I ask, "What boolit?". Awkward pause and blank stare... nothing... no idea. But they gotta have a 30-06!

Craig, go back... you've gotten advice from some very experienced fellas here, some of the most knowledgeable at the 'Fire or anywhere else. And, it seems like you've ticked off all of them!

You said you want to "learn". Well, they were trying to help but you kept saying, "answer my exact question and nothing else!" Not a good way to have people "help" you or "teach" you, is it?

Honestly, you're lucky you got any advice at all. If you're man enough to swallow your pride, shut-up and listen, these dudes will set you straight. And you won't get schit flicked at you unless you say something stoopid, get it? grin

Not too late to turn this around, think about it.

Just my 2-cents and good luck.

Jason