I was looking for information on .25 caliber for the AR and found your write up on the web. I just accepted and signed onto the 24 hour Campfire forum.
So here go my first post:
I just order the same 25X45mm barreled upper from Tactical Ammunition, which uses barrels form Black hole Weaponry. But I'll a little confused on this caliber; for instance can it also shoot the 25X223? Which is just a shorten 5.56 case, correct? The 25X45 has a case length of 1.76" versus the 25X223 case length of 1.70" is my understanding of these cartridges correct?
Where can I get dies for reloading as the 25X45mm is not factory load ammo, as of yet. I was planning on loading the heavier grain bullets as I'm a big fan of heavy bullets in the 5.56 configuration. I currently load the Barnes TTSX and TSX in 62, 70gr. and the Hornady 80gr A-MAX. The biggest problem with the Barnes TTSX and the Hornady A-Max is the polymer tip it definitely increases the projectile length which becomes a problem when loading heavy bullets. I suspect this will be my reloading problem with the 25X45, because my thought was to load the 25X45mm with the 90 and 100 grain projectiles.
I won't be getting my upper for ~3 months so in this time I want to star my reloading plan. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.
Lastly, is this cartridge/caliber considered the 25X45 Sharps?