Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by jwp475

Today isn't those times, have you not noticed the over reach of the government today? When a person goes hunting with a firearm the intent is to kill the animal. When human feelings and emotions are attached to the animal it is the beginning to the end. I doubt that you will be able to comprehend this basic fact.

There is definitely no need to stampede animals off of cliffs in order to kill them, we have much more efficient and less wasteful methods today. Your analogy isn't valid.

I 100% disagree with your entire post.

For one, guys have been whining about government overreach since the beginning of the US. Of course we have gov overreach today, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do what is right.

For two, human feelings and emotion should be tied up with the animals we hunt. Taking an animal is a powerful thing, and if you don't show any emotion when you take a life, then I pity you.

For three, my analogy is perfectly valid. You see such a method as a poor way to hunt, yet people for thousands of years would disagree strongly with you.

Also, since when is all of this about efficiency? You know a really efficient way to hunt? Use your drone to scout for game, drive out on a ridge a mile away and shoot with your self-correcting computer rifle. Wow, that way easy; didn't even have to get out of the heated pickup except to shoot and load the animal. How efficient.

A few thousand years ago the people hunted to survive and the method of take was very primitive, no not a valid analogy.

Exactly. Times changed, and people changed with them. So it will go in the future.