I always enjoy seeing how y'all do things in other parts of the country and in work that I've never been around. I got to spend some time around some scaffolding last night and it reminded me of the Bluedreaux that I was, before I was Bluedreaux. I thought some of y'all might enjoy seeing some stuff that's relatively specific to the industrial refining industry.

Way back then I wasn't allowed to have a camera at work and never thought to take pictures of stuff anyway. But I found some pics online and metal sticks all look the same anyway.

The most fun I've ever had at work was building scaffolding in refineries. We never used the frame stuff, it was all stick scaffolding put together one piece at a time.

The guys in the middle had a crap job....You just stood there and passed 40# boards and legs to the guys above you all day long. But if you weren't afraid of heights and had some hustle you would stay at the top putting it all together. The decks were put on as you built it up, so you never had a deck to stand on to build, you just stood on the horizontal bars or the lips on the legs.
[Linked Image]

They would get complicated sometimes, having to build around weird tanks or building hanging scaffolding kinda like in the second pic.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

But I liked it best when we went straight up. The highest I ever went was 140'. And when you got that high you were nearly all by yourself, standing on a 2" pipe, handling 10' long 40# legs, just swaying in the wind.
[Linked Image]

There were usually too many guys going up when the day started and after breaks to use the ladders so we'd just grab a leg on a corner and start shimmying straight up to the top. It was a blast.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling