I put a set of Monroe Reflex shocks (non-monotube) on my truck and here's the good and not quite so good.

The good ...

My truck corners like it's on rails and they're a definite improvement over the OEM shocks as far as handling goes. There's no body roll to speak of on windy roads. I can take 45 mph corners at 65 mph and it stays flat. It also sits up slightly higher and there's no problems with carrying heavy loads.

The not quite so good ...

The suspension is slightly stiffer and it doesn't have the Cadillac ride it had when it was new. It has the feel of a sport tuned or touring suspension. Don't get me wrong though it's not harsh like an off-road suspension and it rides smoother than a stock Z-71 with Bilsteins.

One other factor is the tires (Firestone LEs) I have on the truck. They have a slightly stiffer sidewall which is a good thing because they don't sag. They can hold 40 PSI (I run them at 35) which is higher than the previous tires I've had and I can pump 'em up when I load the truck to the gills.

One other factor that might contribute to the slightly stiffer ride is my truck is 16 years old and the rubber bushings in the front end are getting stiff. They don't dampen minor bumps as well as they used to.

The Reflex shocks improved the cornering and handling but it also comes with the compromise of a slightly firmer ride. I like the ride and I really like how it corners but if I have to replace them I'm going to look for a different brand or type of shocks that give a slightly smoother ride.

I'll add this too. A brand new OBS Tahoe, IMO, rode really nice. They had a little bit of body roll in the corners but they were smooth as can be on the road.