A while back I ordered a couple 250 count boxes of bullets from Midway at a a good price. As part of their new, reduced shipping rates, I suppose, they shipped them via UPS Surepost, which delivers your shipment to a local P.O. for final delivery by a mail carrier. When I tracked the package, I found that, as often happens, it was going to be delivered directly by UPS, as they were going to be in my area that day. Later, when I checked again, the package had been delivered to a loading dock somewhere in nearby Martinsburg. Supposing that they had decided to take them to a P.O. after all, I set it aside for a couple of days.

On Monday, I decided to check again. After about an hour on the phone, it was determined that my bullets had been delivered to, and signed for by, the Macy's warehouse in Martinsburg.

I am now the proud owner of, not 500 40gr. .224 Varmageddons, but of a UPS lost package investigation, which will take 6 business days, more or less to complete, at which time, UPS will reimburse Midway for my stuff. Midway will then re-ship my order, this time by regular UPS, which at least will mean that another driver will handle my delivery, not the Bozo that hosed up the last one. I'm sure I also will get a nice apology from UPS, which costs them nothing, and does nothing to make up for my time, trouble and aggravation.

By the way, Midway was very helpful when I called.

Venting completed.

What fresh Hell is this?