OSU,
A long time ago a good friend of mine who hunts more than anyone I know told me to get the best optics I could afford. He recommended and used Leica products (and still does). I purchased a pair of 10x42 Ultravids and have had one warranty issue that was handled properly.
I have friends and fellow hunters who own Swarovski and Zeiss, Pentax and Nikon. All are good glass. I like the 10x42 Ultravids awfully well. They have never given me a minutes trouble and the optical clarity is as good as anything out there.
They are rugged and have been banged around climbing into tree stands, bumped around on the UTV, and bounced around in the pickup. The warranty issue was a fisheye crack in the ocular on one barrel that I must have put there on one of the many climbs into a stand.
Leica replaced it N/C.
If you buy a pair see if you can get a lifetime "Passport" warranty. They offered it when I purchased mine. You buy a pair and you will not regret it. Amortized over 25-30 years that you own them and they are not very expensive to own.

Dave