Ive worked with 2 NM guns, not easy to fake at all, aside from clip slot the front sight is a whole different configuration,no place for a sight hood either. I think the NM also has the upside down T stamped on trigger same the targets,A marksman stock for the 'dog knot' barrel does not show up every day IF ever!! I have been dealing with this guy many moons and get a 3 day inspection at,by my FFL. In addition to Mr Rules book an Optivisor with the binocular was the best money I have spent!My FFL's bore scope tells all as well! I will post photos next week.I do not mind paying market for a real nice original mod 70 I have lucked out and bought several well under market and I am sure I have paid over a time or 3. I do get a little sick when I think back over the BULL guns I passed on in the mid 90's Mr Shuman offered, still in wood shipping crate, 30-06, 300 H&H and the one I really crybaby over was a 300 win mag Bull gun! The hunt is half the fun.....Im just thanking the good Lord for the rain and cattle prices!!! very best guys WinPoor