Hi, I'm getting back into the gun hobby after a long period of inactivity. I see already that some things that I "learned" awhile back have changed. I had a nagging feeling this week to go to a gun store that's about a 45 minute ride. I went today. I had looked through the whole store and had seen nothing interesting. I was on the last rack and saw 2 Marlins. The first was OK but on consignment and kinda high priced. I picked the second one up and looked it over. It looked kind of cobbed up with a shortened barrel. The tag said 18" with a y prefix. I put it down thinking with the rust spots on one side and shortened barrel it didn't appeal to me. Then it hit like a bolt of lightning! Wait a minute y prefix is 1964. I took my pocket tape measure out; barrel just over 16 inches. Everything looked factory. A Marlin Marauder! Bought it, got it home, cleaned her up. Wow, one mean looking gun! I guess that's why it pays to keep checking back you never know what will turn up!

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
Thomas Jefferson- 1816

NRA Endowment Life member
NYSRPA Life member