I want to make sure that readers understand that the below loads exceed the IMR/Hodgdons loads for a 223 with 50 grain bullets.

I started out last week shooting 5 groups starting with 25 grains of 8208 and working toward the listed max. of 25.8 grains. All groups were under an inch with 25.4 being in the .200+. As the velocity was only 3250 at maximum load, I proceeded to load over max, starting at 26 grains and going up at .2 tenths of a grain and working to 26.8. The best of the groups was 26.4 at .200+. At no time did I feel any resistance in opening the bolt nor was there any flattening of the CCI primers.The second set shot today, would have all shot into an inch, except for the shooter, me.

The reason I am posting this, I have never seen groups so consistent using any powders for 10 groups. I had often wondered why IMR brought back the 8208 powder at the request of the Bench Rest crew, when there were so many other powders available. This powder seems to be so consistent over almost 2 full grains of powder.

The gun is a composite stocked CZ Varmint that has never really shown excellent accuracy with numerous powders.

My question, has anyone experienced this consistancy with the same or similar powders.