Originally Posted by GRF
Thanks for the headsup Jim. I am correct that Cabelas bought out the old SIR mail order company in Manitoba to acess to Canada?

GRF;
Good morning to you sir, I hope this finds you and your fine family doing well so far this summer.

You are correct in that Cabelas bought out SIR and in fact their first store up here was in Winnipeg, though I can't say for sure it was at the exact same location.

The first and only time we were into the Cabelas in Winnipeg they'd just taken over and I noticed the other day the stickers on some cans of powder I bought there had the SIR logo on them.

In some ways it's sad to see a Canadian chain go away, but then again I recall the endless back orders and price adjustments I used to get from SIR mail orders back in the day as well. Perfect they were not, but no doubt they had supply chain issues just like the Canadian stores face today.

When I was recently trying to find a Ruger American up here in .223 the local Wholesale guys not only didn't have one, they didn't know if they'd ever get one because apparently Ruger is so backed up that shipments up here don't even get an ETA from them.

Another store in Kelowna had what they said was "almost 50" 10/22's on back order - with no communication whatsoever from Ruger as to when they'd get even one.....

Such is life on our side of the medicine line though it seems, but again in my recollections from as far back as the early '70's it's always been at least a wee bit that way.

Oh, I did find a RAR in Avonlea, SK by the way - Prairie Gun Traders - and they were top notch to deal with.

All the best to you and yours this weekend sir and have a great rest of the summer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"