Originally Posted by LostArra
Originally Posted by Ed_T
Smoke,

The Lowa Camino's and the Salomon Quest 4D are a lot more boot than the Renegade. Stiffer, a lot more torsional stability and a bit heavier, both great boots but really a different category than the Renegade.
I have a pair of 4D's coming for myself and might add the Camino one day as well.

With all due respect to Ed, this has not been my experience with the Quest vs Renegades. I've worn both models a lot. In fact I wear Renegade lows to work every day. On my scale the Quest and the Renegade are the same weight which is surprising because the Quest "feels" lighter on my feet.

Stiffness is not a word I would use with the Quest. I found them to be the perfect stalking boot because you can feel the ground with each step. I just feel sneaky in the Quest.

The Quest is hands down the most comfortable boot out of the box I've ever worn except for carrying heavy pack loads where I like a stiffer (Tibet) sole. If the Quest had not gone from waterproof to total waterlogged during one hunt, they would probably be my all-time favorite bow hunting boot.

The Renegade feels more boot-like to me than the mocassin-like Quest. Almost a continuum towards a Tibet-type boot. Both have decent ankle support with the leather-lined Renegade version having the best, of course, you are conceding more waterproofness with LL. There are just too many stitched seams to completely treat them externally.

For me, longevity goes to the Renegades while immediate comfort goes to the Quest. Both good boots. Just don't expect the long-time service you get from a more substantial boot.

Interesting observations. On my feet the Quest feels much closer to the Camino, while the Renegade feels more like a mid cut trail runner. Both very good boots though.

Ed T