Originally Posted by aalf

Barnes doesn't put a twist limit on the 165 TTSX, but puts an 11" on the 168's because it's a longer bullet designed to not be mag restricted like the 165's are

I didn't think about magazine restrictions, probably 165's would be better for me.

I don't think of myself as a long range hunter, but I do practice on targets out to 400 yards. The most likely place a really long shot on deer could occur where I've hunted would be in northern Alberta up in a tower blind looking down right of way cuts through the timber. You could theoretically get a shot as far as 600 or 700 yards, after 6 trips to Canada and 4 deer all of my shots have been less than 250 yards.

This has been an interesting thread with a lot of knowledgeable people and I'd like to ask a dumb question about cold weather hunting from a southern guy. This past season in Sask. I was in an enclosed box blind with temps around -25f. I noticed my rifle barrel propped in the corner had accumulated a rather thick layer of frost on the barrel. Probably moisture from my breathing, I didn't think of checking it then to see, but if this frost was also inside the barrel would it effect accuracy or would pressure in front of the bullet blow it out of the way?