Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Had a local "gunsmith" declare any rifle would be ruined by hand loaded ammunition. Only factory ammo is safe enough to use.

Same guy also recommends a minimum 5 to 6 lb trigger pull for safety. Any lighter and " the gun will go off too easily."

Glass bedding and free floating are a waste of time because if it were necessary the factories would do it.

Also zero your scopes dead on at 50 yards because any farther and rifles aren't accurate enough to hit anything.

He also refuses to rebarrel rifles because he can't "afford the fancy equipment the factories use" and "factory barrels are better anyway."

He should go in with the guy who makes you watch a safety video, they could rich!

I wouldn't be surprised if they are not relatives.

Cousins and brothers at the same time.

Quite possibly "related" closer than that! smile Probably "got together" at a family reunion. (Sorry Jeff)

I spent 2 years at Colorado School of Trades - Gunsmithing. They even gave me a " Certificate of Completion". I've never been quite certain what that meant.... smile I always equated it to a 4th grade education... 35 years later (10 of it actively gunsmithing) I might have made the 8th grade... I sure learned a lot after being "educated"....

The two rifles I have in Kotzebue for tundra hunting caribou are zeroed at 300 yards (or so - you can get too picky about these things, but they do shoot 2 not much + inch groups out there). Anything closer they ain't accurate. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.