Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
That German #1 is set up the way it is should be for that fast shooting.

Here's a post and crosshair setup that took me a while to get used to. Like the #1, you're supposed to put the tip of the post on the target and the crosshair is there to give you a horizontal reference (I guess). But the way it's set up your eye is drawn to the intersection of the post and crosshair. Until you train yourself to look at the tip of the pos
t you'll shoot high every time when aiming quickly.

[Linked Image]

I have that same reticle in an old Weaver. I agree that if you shoot fast the shots have a tendency to be high because of the lateral lines being lower than post...that's the design I just don't get.

I initially saw an older thread here that showed what was supposed to be a chart showing all the Leup reticles, and on that chart the German #1 was similar to the above Weaver one, but with fatter post and lateral lines...but the post still stood proud of the lines...but it sounds like a few guys here actually have the Leup with German #1 and apparently the post tip planes out with the lines- which makes more sense and what I wanted. Thanks for the pics guys, now I know I definitely want the #1 from Leup.

I guess that chart I saw showing the reticles was inaccurate.