Originally Posted by TWR
I am the "crowd" wink

Just how much extra can you gain with a trigger and float tube on a chrome lined 1.5 MOA barrel anyway? At least the Colt is gassed right, has a good extractor and spring and will run out of the box. The 1.5 MOA accuracy is good enough for a new shooter and will get them off the bench and into shooting offhand or other field positions.

Lots of folks post pictures of 3 shots around a half inch from the bench and think that's all they need. Get em away from the bench and they can't hold minute of barn. Let someone run a thousand rounds learning what a carbean is for and then let them decide what they need vs what they want.

Granted, I like a longer tube to place my hand out further and a good trigger helps hitting plates at 600 yards but I haven't forgot how to run a stock carbean. If high power is what you want then get a gun more suitable for that, RR makes a great starter gun but trying to fill both roles with one gun is a compromise on either end.

having a good trigger and shooting off shooting sticks is a big deal. if I am shooting a crappy mil spec trigger against say my geissele, my bench accuracy and shooting stick accuracy, my accuracy while bracing against say my open truck door out in the desert is going to be twice as good across the board with a 3# trigger vs say an 8#+ gritty milspec. yes its a big deal. a free float tube makes for such a neat and clean look for the gun. it also allows attaching lights and other things. I can take an $8 weaver ring out of my parts bin stick a light in the thing and I have a light attached.