Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by Siskiyous6
I have not seen it myself, and my newest gun is a Hawkeye that is a work of art, but my last gun shop visit the owner mentioned a drop in the quality of Ruger's interior fit and finish.

A result of being busy, or a drop in standards due to bean counting, or just one man's opinion?
Just his dumbass opinion. I have several Model 77 Hawkeyes ranging from very late production to first year for that iteration and Model 77 MKIIs from the last year of production going to 20 years old. If there's a "difference" in quality, I'd like to hear some specifics.

Ah, old ruger slut again.

Actually other than politics and a run at a long range rifle that sucked for accuracy, not all that bad.

But the last 2 hawkeyes friends have bought were NOT good in the accuracy department at all. Around 2 inches or so at 100 yards. There is no denying the 2 at our deer lease were not up to par at all on the accuracy side. Which is a shame, I've seen some fairly accurate rugers over the years.

RE fit and finish was not bad at all though, very acceptable as far as I was concerned.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....