I was asked to sing the National Anthem last night at our communities National "Night Out" with all of the various LEO agencies represented and doing their best PR work. My friend Sheriff John Turner and another freind as well as my co ordinating contact in the hosting agency Walla Walla PD gave me a heads up that the first part of the whole deal was going to be pretty formal, with the Police and PD folks in full dress uniforms, patent leather shoes and all. We even had a couple of local Federal Marshals on hand to meet and greet the folks. I don't dress up a ton for Church other than matching some stuff up both for my wife and as a sign of respect and reverence. For this I thought that with my singing the Anthem and all I should try to spiff up some. Doing so had nothing to do with my sexual orientation (I am 1000% and STRICKTLY heterosexual) and had everything to do with respecting the honor guard, flag presentation, chiefs and Sheriffs in attendance and putting my best foot forward for such an honor and event.

Gentlemen, IMO there are times when dressing up and caring about looking sharp and matching colors are appropriate and respectful.

I decided to open carry (caught ZERO flack or looks, BTW) with the Rosewood "Master Series" CT lazergrips 1911 10mm I mentioned earlier. And I did think about how much better a dark brown holster would look with those grips, Khaki slacks, a polo shirt, and Reddish brown colored crocodile belt and shoes.

Nothing queer or odd about any of that as I see it. I sang the song in a very low key, as a bass should do, and was proud for the honor and glad to dress up a bit for so doing. Including my choice of firearm and holster. My other carry gun, a Hogue stocked 329PD, would not have looked near as sharp with the rest of my attire.

As well, I was doing my best to quietly represent the armed citizens of our community with my choices. As I see it, my usual sleeveless pocketed T shirt and blue or black Wrangler jeans with hiking boots and perhaps a rubber gripped 329 would not have been nearly as good a representation, nor duly honoring of our flag and LEO leaders.

Part of my reason for not wearing a cover garment was that our male Southern Gospel quartet was performing later, after the ceremonial parts, and the attire chosen was solid colored golf shirts with Khaki pants so a vest or jacket would have been out of place. And, looked a bit silly in 100 degree weather, too.

All in all, it was a great joy and honor to get to sing in both settings and scenarios.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500