Originally Posted by TrueAt1stLight
Tag for the EXACT question, and the info that follows... I'm wondering the same thing, Gohip, and if I happen to find out I'll let you know. I'm going to probably blast some hogs with this bullet in my .458 Lott before I get a chance to hunt deer with them (there's a rifle/shotgun boundary in the state of MN). Hoping to line up a hog hunt in the south this year, and bloody my Lott on some piggies!!!

-John

I used my 416 Rigby to good effect (and my 10mm pistol) at the 24hrcf hog hunt in Tennesee March before last. You might consider going on that one, and meeting a few campfire charachters.

I would love to bust a deer with that bullet, pushed as fast as I could make it go just to try for the famous "Bangflop/DRT" type kill with it.

It is easiest to get that with mega velocity in combo with good penetration, but I would think that getting a 350gr .458 to hit one while still travelling at over 2500fps or so would also accomplish a similar feat. I don't know for sure on that, never tried it. I may load up some 300's for my 416 Rigby sometime. Should be able to get up to around 2900 fps or so.

Please do report back here if you get a chance to bust a buck with the 458 Lott. Sounds like my kind of fun!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500