I love my Tikka .270/SWFA/DNZ combo. I did go with the BC stock for it just for the point of experimentation but it is otherwise as from the factory. Yesterday I was in the Pryors for a little leg stretching. Found a suitable rock at 635 yards, dialed in, and dropped two rounds that could be covered with your hand.

It has been the most painless, bullet proof setup I have ever owned. Despite the best efforts of multiple gorillas working for the airline, moves from Cali, Hawaii then Montana and yesterdays road that left my abs sore from the bouncing it has never lost zero or failed in any way.

Wife is picking a rifle of her own and has already decided on a Tikka, just not sure what caliber yet.

And Tanner dont be shy, I still remember hitting a tactical match before deer season rolling with the Tikka instead of the surgeon. Got more than a few strange looks and had an RO tell me if I started dropping rounds off paper he was going to shut me down "for safety". I hit each stage with my tactical dress sock full of gravel from the parking lot and held my own out to 1200 yards.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper