A friend had it built because we often do builds with obscure rounds. He hunted it several times and never saw anything with it. First time I took it out, three pigs. So, by default, its my pig gun.

He had better luck with a 25/06 we built from Sako parts.

The gun is a 700 LA ADL with a 22" #5 Pac-Nor .411 groove at 22".
Talley steel rings, McMillan Remington Hunter stock
It will run .410 bullets up to 400grs. nicely.

It started out life in a McMillan HTG:
[Linked Image]

My friend wanted a more "non-drab" apprearance.
[Linked Image]

It will turn a Barnes 41 Mag XPB into a quarter...
[Linked Image]

The Hornady 300gr. SP's and FP's seem like they'd really do some damage, but I've had no issues doing anything with the X and TSX. Exits and giant blood trails that are never long ( I think the record is about 10 yards).

I form cases with a Redding .416 tapered expander in a std. '06 family die with the expander removed, the plug and rod screwed all the way down, then screwing on the .416 expander and pulling the works half way into the die body for case support.

I use 35 Whelen cases because 30/06's will be way short and runout can get out of control.

Once the case is expanded, it goes into the CH 400 Whelen FL die until the case closes snug in the chamber. The CH "expander" is just a waste of metal.

Now fireform; don't be afraid to use full house loads or even hunt with them. I use 375 LBT .416 cast bullets atop 56grs of RL-15 or Varget or even 4064.

The standard TSX load is 65.5 grs of RL-15 which clock at 2,475-85.

The chamber/die is set up so well I don't use an expander ball at all, unless of course a case is dinged badly.
Its just shoot, run through the FL, prime, powder and seat bullet.